Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Give Thanks to the Lord, Our God and King

Warm turkey, pumpkin pie, grandmother's sugar cookies, card games, laughter, family jokes, brand new babies, smiles, football games, leaves, windy mornings, the sound of the train going on its way, a big black dog and small orange cat. All of these blessings are among many others that I have been fortunate enough to enjoy this past thanksgiving. Though, relatively speaking, this year it is no different than the last. There is far too much to even express gratitude for through my words. I can't even begin attempting to describe everything that God has so graciously blessed me with. For as long as I can remember, I've always been 'thankful' on the last Thursday of every November. But this year, it seems much more real. Much more, special. I think part of the reason is because life is changing so rapidly. And I'm realizing more and more how special people are to each other and to me. And that life is so fragile. Life is so precious. Life is so deep and emotional and worth every second we are living. For life in and of itself is a gift. Something to be thankful for. Having lost two relatives last year, my grandmother and my cousin, the more and more I think about life, the more it makes sense to me; and the more I wish to cherish as many memories and smiles as humanly possible.

This past weekend, spending time with my cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparent's felt so special. More special than most. I felt this overwhelming sense of God's love through my family. At times, I just sat and listened. I sat and watched everyone go about their ways. Everyone has blessed me in some way, and for that, I am thankful. For that, God deserves my praise.

From the generous gift my grandparent's gave to each of their grandchildren at the supper table, to the morning I went to buy milk and dog biscuits at the grocery store with my grandpa; it all felt so special. The atmosphere, the warmness, the smells, the familiarity of it all; that is what I'm most thankful for. I'm most thankful for the people in my life. For without them, I would be a lost soul searching. I would have an empty heart. I am most thankful for my relationship with my creator. Without Him, the people in my life would not exist. Even the thought creates a deep sadness in me. Therefore, let us give thanks to the Lord, our God and King.

Thank you Jesus, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment