Monday, May 17, 2010

Stotrum!

Hello again,

I forgot to say this in my last post. My favorite drink here is Maaza, which is mango juice. It's almost like a smoothie. Very thick and yummy! I drink a lot of it. :) It's a famous drink.

When Christians greet in India, they always say, 'Praise the Lord'. It's basically hello. I think it's awesome!

Last night, 5 of us went to a church service about 30 minutes away, and it was awesome! We sang "Here I am to worship" for them. Then some people shared their testimonies, and I gave a short message titled "Rest for the weary". About how Jesus is our rest and we don't have to worry. He will give us strength (Matthew 11:28-31).

Then we prayed for the people. We were able to pray for a girl who was demon possessed. We prayed for a while over her. We also want to visit her home this week, possibly Wednesday, to pray over it and to spend more time with her. Pray that God uses us and that she believes in her heart that she can be free of this dark spirit and generational curse.

Saturday night we also did a service at a youth gathering. That was really neat. We were able to share, encourage, pray for, and just hang out with people our age.

This week we will hopefully have information on the bhansala people group and find out where they live. We are eagerly waiting for the opportunity to give the mega-voices away.

Thanks for all of your continued prayers for safety and God's grace! He has protected us and has blessed the whole team in sooo many ways.

Stotrum! (praise the Lord in tamil)

Love,
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Maria! Another good post and so soon after the last one :) Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad you got to pray for that girl and hope that you can again! Will pray for your opportunity with the Bhansala people, too!
    Love you lots and praying lots for all of you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stortum! Haha!
    Maria! I love reading your blog, it's... neat... haha, I have never used this word before!
    I am having a taste of your excitement as I am reading your blog, it's such a wonderdul experience! Maria in wonderland!
    Go Maria! Finish strong! I am praying for you everyday and I am so looking forward to seeing you! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete